Ballistics - Body Armor and Perforation Protection
Body armor needs to protect the wearer effectively from injuries caused by external impact. Soft body armor gives resistance to stab and slash attacks from knives and other sharp objects. Norafin's high-performance nonwovens offer improved protection at lower basis weights enhancing the wearer's comfort of body armor.
Performance characteristics of Norafin's technical fabrics:
- Impenetrability due to the engineered fabric structure
- Lightweight material that offers a high level of protection without sacrificing comfort
- High material strength, extreme density, and homogeneous fabric surface
- Stab, puncture and slash resistance
- Multilayer fabric solutions including scrims possible
- Use of various high-performance fibers such as para-aramids or high-density polyethylene
Possible end-applications: stab protection, fragment resistance, multi-performance vests combining stab and bullet protection, etc.